No products in the cart.
Bundesliga Youth Ambassadors (BUYAs)
“…sport is not just physical activity; it promotes health and helps prevent, or even cure, the diseases of modern civilization. It also is an educational tool which fosters cognitive development; teaches social behaviour; and helps to integrate communities.”
– Thomas Bach, IOC President
SEP aims to use football to mobilize, engage, and educate youth on life skills, health issues, and a wide variety of other topics. Football is the channel that we use to deliver key messages to the youths in our community. Through the power of “developmental football,” SEP’s specially trained coaches provide not only fun, but important life skills to develop the next generation of community leaders.
SEP’s unique Youth Football Program leverages the power of football as a tool to:
- Teach life skills through games and integrated messaging in areas such as HIV/AIDS prevention, health and sanitation, Agriculture & nutrition, reproductive health, peacebuilding, and substance abuse
- Engage youth in healthy, fun social outlets
- Improve gender equality
- Mobilize youth and the community at large
- Develop youth leadership through training in coaching, refereeing and tournament management etc
Impact and Accomplishments:
- 1,250 youth between the ages of 10 and 20 participate in ongoing football practice and matches
- 65% of all participants are girls and young women who would otherwise not have a social or athletic outlet outside of their traditional roles
- 100 youth have been trained in football coaching, refereeing, and First Aid and 20 are now volunteering as coaches and referees at local schools
- Have a football presence in 7 primary schools and 2 secondary schools.
- Hosts 3 football events per year focused on key life skill topics, resulting in massive behaviour change among the youth. These are held in the months of April, August and December (During School Holidays).
SEP has ongoing football training in all its seven zones – Local Partner Primary Schools. It has different age categories of players which form the SEP teams;
- Senior team for both boys and girls – this is a free age category
- Under 16 for both boys and girls
- Under 14 girls and boys
- Under 12 for both boys and girls